At the Rehabilitation and Recovery Center in the area of Thessalia, postoperative orthopedic conditions, cranial-brain injuries, multi-trauma patients, conditions of the extrapyramidal system, muscular conditions, conditions of the peripheral nervous system, multiple sclerosis, vascular strokes, brain paralysis (children and adults), spinal cord injuries (paraplegia – quadriplegia), multiradiculitis (Guillain Barre syndrome etc.), degenerative conditions of the Central Nervous System (fibular muscular atrophy etc), rheumatoid arthritis in the phase of functional discount, non specific rheumatoid conditions (Reiter syndrome, ankylosing spondylitis, psoriatic arthritis etc.) algoneurodystrophies (RSD, reflex sympatehtic dystrophy etc.) and also other post cardiac surgery and multiorgan failure conditions, are treated under the care of the highly qualified medical and nursing personnel.
Apart from the In-patients, the Rehabilitation and Recovery Center also provides services for Out-patients, at the Physiotherapy, Ergotherapy, Hydrotherapy Department (swimming pool), Speech therapy and Therapeutic gym, with complete medical surveillance and support in all the Center’s structures.
Electromyography ans electroneurography exams for brachial plexus injuries, peripheral neuropathies and also radiculitis syndromes of the cervical and lumbar spine, are also carried out at the Center.
The Center provides transportation services to the patients with special vehicle for the transfer of wheel chairs (mini bus) and a fully equipped ambulance, after coordination.
The Center collaborates with Private Insurance Companies and is contracted with the National Health Insurance System (EOPYY), for In-patients as well as for Out-patients. Spacial payment management is also offered through bank accounts and credit cards.
+ Information for In-patients
Information for your admission:
For the Admission procedure, your actions prior to the admission, the necessary documents that should be submitted and the services offered at the Center, you may be informed by calling directly at the In-patients Admission’s Office – Patient’s Billing Department of the OLYMPION Rehabilitation and Recovery Center. The Department operates 7 days a week, from 7.00am to 23.00pm.
By initially completing the “Pre-evaluation form” and e-mailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org / or faxing it to (+30) 2441 102 105, you are enabled to communicate with the Center’s Physiatrist and get a Physiatric evaluation.
For the patients admission at the Rehabilitation and Recovery Center, with the use of the Public Health Insurance sector (EOPYY), electronic medical report and submission of electronic request to the EOPYY is required, by the treating doctor of the Public or the Private Hospital in which the patient is being hospitalized, stamped and signed by the requesting doctor and the Director of the Hospital in which the patient is staying.
The procedure should be carried out whilst the patient is being hospitalized and within 48 hours prior to his discharge. The request’s development is followed by the requesting doctor. Once the decision of approval arrives from the Health Insurance, the patient is transferred directly from the Hospital he is staying to the Rehabilitation and Recovery Center in order to continue his hospitalization.
In order to be informed in detail for the relevant procedure, you may call the In-patient Admissions Office – Billing Department of the Rehabilitation and Recovery Center, directly, at the following landlines: 2441 102 100 or suggest the related link www.eopyy.gov.gr (Professional – Electronic Healthcare Benefits Services – Medical Procedures – Medical Reports for EKPY Benefits – User’s Connection) to your treating doctor.
Upon Admission, please make sure you have the following:
- Personal Identification card or Passport (patient’s and escort’s)
- Social Security Number (SSN – AMKA) and VAT number
- Discharge Report from the Hospital
- Original electronic medical report and the Health Insurance’s approval letter for the admission at the Rehabilitation and Recovery Center.
- Medical Report upon Discharge from the Hospital – Pharmaceutical treatment administered – Recent diagnostic tests
Things you should carry with you:
- Personal hygiene and care objects (toothbrush, toothpaste, hair comb, bath sponge, shampoo)
- Pyjamas, Night gown, slippers
- Athletic outfits, athletic shoes and bathing suit for participating in the related therapies.
+ Information for your Hospitalization
What you should do with the medicines you received until today
After your admission at the Rehabilitation and Recovery Center facilities and upon your medical history recording by the medical and nursing personnel, you should inform your doctor or the Head nurse, for the pharmaceutical treatment you have been receiving and then you should hand over your medicines to the nursing personnel for keeping. You should not keep your medication in your drawer or receive other medication than the medication administered by the Center’s doctors, as this could alter your clinical presentation and delay your improvement.
Rehabilitation and Recovery Program
The patient follows the program of medical rehabilitation which is defined by the Center’s Physiatrist and is adjusted to his needs. There is constant surveillance of the patient’s recovery course and the programs are adjusted according to his development.
Part of the therapeutic program is the patients diet. Therefore, the dietitian / nutritionist sets the patients diet schedule in coordination with the treating doctors.
his nutrition schedule, to follow when he returns home, in order to retain the correct nutritional behavior according to his needs.
Security of personal belongings
Upon your admission at the Center, you should not bring with you any valuables (objects, jewelry, large amounts of cash). Kindly, please keep your personal belongings in a safe place and secure them every time you leave the ward.
+ General Information
Room / Ward: In every room there is intercommunication system, special lighting, TV set, air-conditioning and telephone. The height and the slant of the beds are adjusted with special control. All the control keys have been incorporated on the bed.
Use of internet: Capability of wifi use through your portable p/c.
Hair dresser: After coordination with the Head nurse.
+ Information for Visitors
The Center’s visitors should keep the visiting hours, which are 11.00 am – 12.00 pm and 17.00 pm – 19.00 pm. It is not recommended to have more than one visitor per patient, at the same time, in the ward. More visitors or visits outside the scheduled visiting hours, should wait at the Center’s Cafeteria.
The hours between 14.00 – 17.00, are resting hours for the patients in order to respond better to their therapeutic schedule.
During the visiting hours, the entrance of children under 12 years old is prohibited.
During the medical rounds and the nursing care, the escorts and visitors should exit the ward. They can remain on the floor’s waiting area.
One escort per patient is permitted to stay in the ward, after the Physiatrist’s and the Head Nurse’s approval. During the night, the escort can use a reclining chair and can have meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) from the menu, upon order.
+ Information for OUT-patients
Information for Out-patients (Open Hospitalization)
The patients are offered the possibility to participate in the program of medical and physical Rehabilitation and Recovery, also as Out-patients. At the numbers (+30) 2441 102 100, you may call and schedule a Physiatrist’s evaluation consultation and be informed about the procedures you need to follow in order to be covered by your Health Insurance.
The Rehabilitation and Recovery program includes sessions of physiothrapy, ergothjerapy, speech therapy, hydrotherapy and psychological support. For your transfer to and from the OLYMPION Center, you may use the Ambulance or the mini bus, after coordination.
+ Information for your Discharge
First you will need your doctor’s approval for discharge. Your doctor will advise you for the steps you need to follow after your discharge from the OLYMPION facilities. For the conclusion of your discharge procedure, you should contact the In-patients Admissions Office & Billing Department, in order to settle any financial debts and at the same time process your Health Insurance procedures.
Before your discharge, please make sure that:
- You have been informed about the treatment that you should follow
- You have received all the medical documents you need to take with you upon discharge.
- You did not leave any personal belongings in the ward.
- You have settled any financial debt and received your Discharge Report at the In-patients Admissions Office & Billing Department.
- You have scheduled possible follow-up medical appointment at the OLYMPION facilities.
- You have been informed about the Out-patient procedures in case it has been suggested by your doctor and you wish to continue with the medical rehabilitation program as an Out-patient.
For your transportation from the OLYMPION facilities, you may use the Ambulance or the mini bus, after coordination with the In-patients Admissions Office/ Billing Department.
Copy of your medical file and verification letters
In order to receive a copy of your medical file and hospitalization verification letters, you may complete the relevant request letter at the In-patients Admissions Office/ Billing Department. You will be able to receive them yourself or any other person that you have authorized. For your better service, you may previously call at (+30) 2441 102 100.
+ Access to the Olympion of Thessalia
From Larissa – 59’ (minutes) (70,3 km) – through National Road of Larissa-Trikala/E92/E06
- Follow the streets of Georgiadou, Kallitheas, Kranonow and Ioanninon to the National Road of Larissa-Trikala/E92/EO6 (4.2 km)
- Continue to the National Road of Larissa-Trikala/E92/EO6 (signs for Trikala/Ioannina/Kalampaka/Grevena) 42’ (minutes) (52,1 km)
- At the circus, take the 2nd exit and stay on the National Road of Larissa-Trikala/E92/EO6 (2,6 km)
- Continue straight to the regional road of Trikala (2,6 km)
- Take the left turn at the National Road of Trikala-Karditsa/EO30 (signs for Karditsa/Lamia) (7 km)
- Continue on the Nik. Plastira (1.8 km). The Olympion Center is on your left.
From Athens – 3 hours & 40’ minutes (320km)
- Follow the National Road (E75) to Lamia (205 km) – Road with controlled toll
- Take the E65 exit and continue to the E65/EO3 towards your destination to Pamisos (110 km)
- Take the exit to the Country Road “Servotas” (1,2 km)
- At the circus, take the first exit to the Country Road “Servotas” (1,6 km)
- Left turn at the 28th October Str. (3,6 km)
- Continue to the Nik. Plastira Str. 300 m. The Olympion Center is on your right.