Hydrotherapy & Pool Area
Within an especially designed space of 400 square meters, two unique swimming pools stand out in Crete, with emerging bottom, water temperature control depending on the condition and the age of the patient and automatic water cleaning system. Special gym classes are carried out in the pool area, for people with disabilities due to acute or chronic conditions (i.e. strokes, cranial-brain injuries, cardiovascular conditions, rheumatic conditions, musculoskeletal system conditions, athletic injuries), as well as for children above five years of age.
Hydrotherapy benefits in Rehabilitation program setting:
- Helps in muscular relaxation
- Reduces pain sensitivity and consequently offers relief from pain
- Reduces muscular spasm and spasticity.
- Increases easy mobility of the joint by improving and preserving the orbit of stiff articulation joints.
- Increases muscular strength
- Improves the peripheral and lymphatic circulation, contributing in edemas and hematomas absorption
- Improves body kinesthesia and torus stability (visual, acoustic, proprioceptive, heat stimulation)
- Provides the ability to exercise in three dimensions
- Enhances the patient’s morale and self-esteem
The swimming pool area consists of:
- Walking bath, parallel walking beams in a special water tank with fluctuating bottom height
- Pool with elevation control
- Special cranes with stretcher and stainless steel wheelchair
The hydrotherapy department also offers:
- Quadrapole whirlpool bath
- Stanger “galvanic baths”