Speech therapy is the science that deals with speech disorders, talking, voice and chewing – swallowing disorders of children and adults.
In the OLYMPION Rehabilitation Center, the Speech therapist deals with patients that have suffered a stroke, cranial-brain injury or are suffering of neurogenic etiology conditions. With the right evaluating instruments, it is possible to evaluate the level of the patient’s verbal communication as well as the level of knowledge. After the evaluation has been carried out, with the selected information, the speech therapist undertakes the rehabilitation of the patient’s conditions related to communication.
More specifically, the Speech therapist offers his services to patients with:
- Speech – communication disorders (aphasia, inactivity)
- Talking – flow disorders (dysarticulation)
- Voice disorders
- Swallowing – chewing disorders
- Finds alternative communicating ways
- Participates in the rehabilitation of knowledge disorders