At the OLYMPION Rehabilitation Center, the role of Physiotherapy is a very important part of the patients treatment. The Physiotherapist, guided by the rules of physiology and kinesiology, as well the biomechanics of the human body, is in position to evaluate, improve, preserve or cure people suffering of a variety of conditions of the neural, muscular, skeletal and cardiorespiratory system.
In Physiotherapy, with the assistance of several techniques and devices that will be analyzed hereafter, patients with permanent or temporary incapability, are guided to obtain maximum functional independence.
The nature of the patients’ medical history, the clinical condition, as well as the evaluation of the treating team are the important factors for the planning of the rehabilitation program, based on specific techniques:
- Kinesiotherapy and therapy with exercises
- Other treatments that include ultrasound, warm and cold applications, physiotherapy (i.e. Laser), hydrotherapy and bath therapy, diathermy, massage therapy, lymphatic massage (lymphatic drainage with hand)
Within the Physiotherapy treatment, the following assisting devices are used:
- Microwave diathermy
- Short wave diathermy
- Laser – cross device – suction device
- Electrotherapy device – Ultrasound
- Infrared – ultraviolet
- Magnetic fields
- Therapy bed with height control
- Cryotherapy device
- Devices with cold and warm packs
- Paraffin treatments
- Knee – tibial passive mobilization device
- Biofeedback device
Physiotherapy treatments at the OLYMPION Rehabilitation and Recovery center, are performed in the special area of the “Gym and Therapeutic Gym Department”.